There comes a point in every pregnancy, we we just want to have things in order. Nesting can be a great way to feel prepared and knock out those tasks you’ve been putting off. But what happens when all the clothes have been washed, the nursery is all set up, and your bag is packed by the door? Here are some additional ways to use up that nesting energy and prep for the arrival of your little one!
‘Taking care of you’ is the theme of most of these! We often get so excited about that new little babe that we get everything ready for them and forget to get ourselves ready!
Yes, you’re probably already resting a lot and have that “pretty please” face down that makes hubby run to grab your water from across the room. But here’s a few more ideas…
- Get a mani/pedi. It’s relaxing and your nails will look awesome in the hospital. It’s the little things in life, right?! Just be sure to ask your salon to avoid massaging pressure points.
- Schedule prenatal massage. I honestly think this was the best thing I did for myself. I scheduled one in my second trimester and one at 37 weeks. I was so relaxed, it helped me get more sleep and relieved the pain for awhile. (And my little made her entrance 3 days after the second massage, if that encourages anyone!)
- Visit your chiropractor. This also made a huge difference for me in my second pregnancy.
- Get your hair cut. I knew I wouldn’t be making it in to the salon for a bit, so I got my hair cut at the end of my pregnancy. There’s no need to add “my hair is driving me nuts” to the post-partum body blues.
- As a side note … I am in love with my Revlon One-Step Hair Dryer and Volumizer Hot Air Brush. It dries and smoothes my hair in less than 10 minutes! I’ve noticed that the smoothness lasts at least through day 2, and it makes it a lot easier to get ready quickly! (You can grab one on Amazon for around $40.)
- Prep Bible verses, mantras, encouraging quotes. Write them on notecards and/or create an album on your phone to scroll through during labor or when the crazy emotions hit.
- Create a post-partum basket in your bathroom with everything you’ll need when you return from the hospital. A few of my must-haves are Dermoplast spray, Tucks, and Always Infinity Flex Foam Overnight Pads. The company Earth Mama also has some awesome products to try!
- Put together a nursing basket wherever you plan to nurse the most. Include things like healthy snacks, nursing pads, nipple balm (my favorites are by Earth Mama and Honest Company) and burp cloths.
- Stock a mini diapers/wipes station in your bedroom if the changing table is in a different room. It will make late night changes and feeds much easier. You could also stock one on your main floor.
What outside the box ways do you/did you prep for baby in the last few weeks of your pregnancy?