Do you feel it? The sun is shining, the birds are chirping, and the flowers are blooming…. Spring is here! It makes us all want to get out of the house and enjoy a Quad Cities spring activity. We’ve got loads of ideas.
When spring rolls around there are so many things that we can do in the Quad Cities. We have many hidden gems in the area that are perfect to experience in spring.
We have put together our Ultimate Spring Activity List just for you! We’ve also gone and put together a free printable for you to check out fun things that you do off the list.
Are you ready to see the list? Here you go…
- Pack a picnic lunch and enjoy the pretty sights of boats and barges heading down the Mississippi River along the Ben Butterworth Parkway in Moline
- Feed the ducks at the pond in Vander Veer Botanical Park
- Enjoy Pajama Storytime outdoors in the Garden at the Moline Public Library or virtually from home.
- Make fun May Baskets to deliver to the neighbors spreading spring time sunshine in your neighborhood (find some cute ideas here)
- Smell the flowers blooming at the Deere-Wiman House in Moline
- Walk through the vendors finding amazing local produce and crafts at Freight House Farmers Market on a beautiful spring Saturday or Tuesdays from 3- 6pm
- Saunter through the Villages of East Davenport and enjoy the variety of local shops.
- Deliver baked goods to your local police station or fire department
- Spring clean your closets and donate to the charity of your choice
- Grab your bike and head out on one of our many amazing local trails.
- Purchase a bug collector and go on a hunt for bugs in the backyard
- Have a garage sale
- Go visit the Botanical Center Children’s Garden. Their gardens are open Saturday 10am-4pm in accordance with state mandates. The Garden Store is open, along with their outdoor gardens.
- Feed the Birds: Take a toilet paper roll, slather with peanut butter, and sprinkle with bird seed to make your own bird-feeder for the backyard
- Enjoy the amazing sights of the Quad City area on a little road trip.
- Cheer on our own QC River Bandits. Check here for the next home game
- Take a family bike ride along the 3 mile long bike path on Arsenal Island
- Cook up something fun and easy with your kids in the kitchen.
- Dig for earthworms in your backyard
- Explore Walnut Grove Pioneer Village.
- Join the 1000 hours outside movement and set goals for outdoor time!
- Donate blood at a local Mississippi Valley Regional Blood Center
- Fly a kite at your neighborhood park
- Take a Captain’s Narrated Lunch Cruise and enjoy the sights of the Mississippi River while eating lunch
- Splash in the water at the playground at the Bettendorf Family Museum. Children love to fill buckets with water and watch their boats float
- Blow bubbles and soak in the sun for a simple Quad Cities spring activity
- Participate in a family 5K or fun walk. Try the Easter Egg Scramble or the Race against Racism.
- Smell the sweet perfume of lilacs at Stampe Lilac Garden at the entrance to Duck Creek park.
- Grab the kids and head to a downtown area and do a city scavenger hunt.
- Take a walk on the trail at Scott County Park and take pictures of all the pretty wildflowers
- Explore the Quad Cities through geo-caching. Kids will love to hunt for the little “treasures” they will find when geo-caching
- Plant a garden for vegetables all summer long
- Have a spring sprinkler party in your backyard
- Bring the play-doh or magic sand outside and create
- Enjoy “A Sunday Afternoon on the “Island of La Grande Jatte” on Credit Island in Davenport
- Find an outdoor patio restaurant for a refreshing glass of wine or beer ( or enjoy a refreshing drink on your own patio, maybe Camye’s Skinny Raspberry Mojito)
- Have fun at the area’s largest Farmer’s Market- indoor vendors are there year round!
- Consider signing your child up for one of the Putnam’s Amazing Summer Camps- options include Space Race or She’s the First.
- Enjoy a cold slushie from Sonic for half-price during Happy Hour after school from 2 -4
- Catch the lightning bugs that will be out soon! (Or are they fireflies?)
- Visit your local garden nursery to see flowers in bloom is a free and fun Quad Cities spring activity.
- Get caught in spring showers and jump in the rain puddles
- Go check out the Quad Cities classic ice cream shop at Lagomarcino’s.
- Take a walk in your neighborhood is an easy Quad Cities spring activity
- Have a lemonade stand
- Stop by the Dollar Tree and put together a little fairy garden.
- Visit the Rhubarb Festival in Aledo June 5 -6
- Create sidewalk chalk art on the driveway
- Take a trip to Wildcat Den State Park in Muscatine to explore the beautiful rock outcroppings and go hiking
- Try to survive the last few weeks of school!
And there you have it our Ultimate Spring Bucket List. We’ve made it super easy to check things off the list too with a free printable. Print the free printable below to enjoy this amazing spring in the QC.
Also check out our Spring pinterest board to get even more fun activities!
The list has so many things but if we have forgotten your favorite Spring activity please let us know by commenting below.